Who We Are
Our team here at Syndeca is a mixed bunch. On one hand, we’re a diverse group of individuals with deep experience across functions and industries. But we do share some important things in common, both personally and professionally: we love to shop, we love to adventure, we live for what’s next, and we have passion for everything we do – whether it’s creating a flawless mobile shopping experience or finally getting that stubborn orchid to bloom. Here’s just a glimpse of the Syndeca team: who we are, inside the office and out.
- Amateur agrarian, hunter and forager.
- Explores at least one new country each year.
- “Collects” wine, whiskey and orchids.
- Super power: can start a fire just about anywhere.
- Has been hit by a car. Twice
- Has been held at gunpoint. Twice.
- Is a super-taster.
- Given no middle name, just an initial.
- Maintains a color-coordinated closet.
- Nationally published photographer.
- Part-time journalist.
- Father of two.
- Works mostly in slippers.
- Able to leap small Lego constructions in a single bound.
- Just missed a podium finish in his first Iditarod
- Trained a Maya double for the movie “8 Below”
- Spends his winters in the Yukon
- Semi-unfamous comedy video producer.
- Multi-instrument musician/song writer.
- Has a pretty mean jump shot – impeccable technique.
- Has piercing blue eyes that people don’t notice.
- Has an identical twin.
- Recovering shopaholic.
- In constant search of the perfect chocolate soufflé.
- Always colors within the lines.
- Has never broken a bone.
- Loves his wife and Haskell.
- Uses the DataHand keyboard.
- Arcades because ’80s.
- Worships Sagan.
- Profile pic is an artist rendering based on first hand eyewitness descriptions
- Has the ability to make money float next to her face
- Dislikes oscillating fans, prefers the stationary type
- Thinks the Hobbit trilogy should have been one movie
- Plays five instruments and raps
- Was a Thiel Fellow finalist
- “Hacked” the DraftKings platform during the 2015 NBA finals
- Happily married with 2 kids and the coolest dog on the block
- Eats large amounts of bacon weekly
- Born, raised, and never leaving Southern California
- Can track a ‘coon (or cat) from 30 miles away
- Will be your best friend if there’s anything edible nearby
- Would do ANYTHING for a chance to bite the UPS man
- Can smell in 4 dimensions
- Sneezes in multiples of three
- Spent three straight nights on a portaledge while big wall climbing 1000′ above Yosemite Valley
- Prior to the 2016 election, biggest fear was wasps
- Split an entire jar of peanut butter with his partner in one day
- Amateur coffee roaster.
- Speaks terrible Mandarin, reads even worse.
- California native, Oregon transplant.
- Made of meat.
- Wrap genius.